|Help with GSM & WCDMA questions [message #518]
||Sun, 05 June 2011 21:02
Registered: October 2008
please. help needed with these gsm & WCDMA questions|
1. The co-channel interference in cellular systems is a function of
a) Distance between co-channel cells.
b) Radius of cell
c) The ratio of distance between co-channel cells to radius of cell.
d) Square of distance between co-channel cells.
2. Larger cells are more useful in
a) Densely populated urban areas.
b) Rural areas
c) Lightly populated urban areas
d) Mountainous areas.
3. In a PLMN the cell shape is always hexagonal. True/ false
4. In equation D/R= v3K which one of the following is not valid value of, K the
reuse factor ( where D = distance between two co-channel cells and R= radius of
a co-channel cell)
a)7 b) 5 c) 12 d) 19
5. The first cellular systems were
6. In case of propagation near ground level in an urban environment, the receive
d power varies typically with d-4 . (Where d is distance of receiving point from
7. Access method in GSM is based upona)
c) Both TDMA and FDMA
d) None of these.
8. In GSM use of which of the following technique does not result in reduction o
f interference level in a cell.
a) sectorization of a cell.
b) Frequency Re-use.
c) Transmitted power control.
d) Discontinuous transmission.
9. In up-link direction ARFCN (Absolute Radio Frequency Carrier Number) of 100 c
orresponds to frequency of (where 1 = ARFCN = 124)
a) 909.8 MHz (b) 910MHz (c) 910.2 MHz (d) 910.4MHz
10. Cells in one Location Area can be served by different VLR s.
11. Authentication triplet used for authentication of subscriber and ciphering o
f data over radio interface consists of
a) RAND, Ki, SRES
b) RAND, Kc, SRES
c) A5, RAND, Ki
d) A3, RAND, Kc
12. Authentication triplet required for authentication procedure are stored ata)
HLR b) EIR c) AuC d) VLR
13. Ciphering key Kc is never transmitted over radio interface. True/ false
14. Subscriber Identification key Ki is stored at
a) VLR b) SIM card c) MSC d) HLR and SIM card
15. For intra-BSC normal Hand-over (not forced Hand-over) unit responsible for t
aking a decision that Hand-over is required
a) BSC b) MSC c) VLR d) HLR
16. Unit responsible for implementing power management of BTS s by broadcasting mi
nimum power level is
a) BTS b) BSC c) MSC d) HLR
17. MSRN, a temporary number used to route the call has significance in case of
1.Mobile Originated Call (Mobile to PSTN)
2.Mobile Terminated Call (PSTN to Mobile)
3.Mobile to Mobile Call
b) 1 only
c) 2 only
d) 1 and 2
e) 2 and 3.
18. Which of the following statements about BCCH is not truea)
It is a beacon on signal.
b) It is a point to multi-point channel and is defined in downlink direction (BT
S to MS) only.
c) BCCH carrier is power controlled to reduce interface level in a cell.
d) It contains information about system configuration parameters (e.g. LAI, cell
id, neighbouring cells etc) for MS.
19. When MS is in dedicated mode, the information for non urgent procedure like
radio link supervision measurement, transmit power control and timing advance da
ta, is carried ona)
SDCCH b) FACCH c) SACCH d) RACH
20. FACCH is essentially a traffic channel with stealing flag set high to denote
that information carried is control data and not a traffic data.
21. The call set-up information (Dialled digits etc.) is transferred on air-inte
a) SACCH b) FACH c) SDCCH d) RACH
22. SDCCH is half-duplex channel used for signalling in higher layers. True/ fal
23. BCCH is always transmitted on time slot 0 of the carrier. True/ false.
24. In case inter-MSC Handover, MSC to MSC communication makes use ofa)
MAP- D interface.
b) MAP- C interface
c) MAP- E interface.
d) A-bis interface.
25. The maximum data rate supported by GSM system is
a) 4800bps b0 5600bps c) 9600bps d) 19200bps.
26. In GSM the signalling protocol supported BTS and BSC is
a) LAPD b) LAPDm c) SS7 d) CAS.
27. Mark the various interfaces in GSM network in the figure on the next page
28. Write down the names of three technology options for WILL.
29. Name three multiple access techniques for radio systems.
30. Write two major advantages of CDMA system.
Better Spectral Efficiency.
31. Match the following.
Walsh Codes 64
2nd Generation Mobile tecnology
GSM 2nd Generation Mobile tecnology
7 / 21
1 / 3
Mobility Management HLR
GSM RF Carrier 200 khz
CDMA RF Carrier 1.25 Mhz
32. Write True (T) or False (F)
(a) Sectorization helps to reduce interference. T
(b) One DIU can typically handles 1000 subscriber. T
(c) A-bis GSM Standard Interface . T
(d) DECT is macro cellular architecture. F
33. Write down two major advantages of WILL over PSTN.
1. Free from last mile problems.
2. Clearing waiting list in TNF areas.
34. Name Two forward link Channel in CDMA Sysyem.
1. Pilot Channel 2. Sync. Channel.
35. Name two types of handoff in CDMA System
1. Softer handoff 2. Soft Handoff.
|Re: Help with GSM & WCDMA questions [message #519 is a reply to message #518 ]
||Wed, 08 June 2011 23:59
Registered: June 2011
3.In a PLMN the cell shape is always hexagonal. False|
7. Access method in GSM is based upon:
c) Both TDMA and FDMA
11. Authentication triplet used for authentication of subscriber and ciphering of data over radio interface consists of
b) RAND, Kc, SRES